Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wishing You the Happiest of Birthdays, Gramps!

My Dad never wants gifts for his Birthday.  If asked what he'd like, anything at all, he always responds, "I just want to spend time with you!"  Sometimes, this can be frustrating.  We spend time together all the time!  I want to do something special and out of the ordinary for him!  This year, though, I had the perfect idea of a gift:
Tickets to the newly opened Perot Museum of Nature and Science.

The boys and I had been with friends the week prior, and I just knew Dad would love to explore this place.  It is incredible!!  We loaded up the minivan bright and early and headed Downtown to see what we could see.   Here are just a few pics of our day.  Actually, I was having way to much fun to take many pictures.  


I LOVE this picture!!  To me, it captures the essence of Dad and O.  Dad is telling Owen some crazy story and O is trying to decide if Dad is "pulling his leg" or not.  I love their relationship!


This Museum may be our new favorite place in Dallas!  We've been twice now and still have not seen all the wonders that it holds.  What a great addition to our homeschool curriculum! And thanks to Daddy's gift of a year long membership, we may visit every week!

A bunch of worn out people grabbing a very late Birthday lunch at Chipotle.

Happy Birthday, Dad!  Thanks for spending time with us.  It is really we who are gifted with such wonderful memories.

No comments: