Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Terrific TWO!!

Jones turned two back in June, but I didn't get around to taking some two year pictures until August.  Poor, neglected third child.  As it is, he is so crazy-active and speedy, that only a few pics turned out.  

So here's a little bit of what Jonah Cody Halpin is like at 2 years old:

Every day he asks to wear his "boo(ts)".  I can't say no to his sweet fashion request.  

He runs and jumps and twists and turns and hops and races and kicks and spins all day long.  Jones is by far my most active and most physically advanced little guy.  He can handle a soccer ball with speed and agility, easily dribbling down the field and scoring.  "G----O----A----L!!!!" he rejoices every time.  Dunk the basketball?  No problem.  Hit a grand slam with his tiny baseball bat?  He does this as easily as he can volley a tennis ball.  Sports World, here we come!


You see that precious face??  He just radiates JOY all the time.  He is energetic and happy and almost sparkles...unless you tell the sweet baby "no." :)  He squeals with delight over the chance to climb in the bathtub.  He cheers for me when I serve him lunch.  "YAY, Mama!  Yay, Mama!!  YAY, MAMA!!!" Jones gets such pure enjoyment out of everyday life, and you can't help enjoying life too when you hang with him.  He makes my day.

Jonah is full of curiosity and energy and huggy-squeezy love.  He has a long attention span for a little Guy, spending a lot of our school day at the desk with us doodling little pictures with markers.  He loves to sing and be sung to, his favorites being "You Are My Sunshine," "The Lord Bless You and Keep You," and "Jesus Loves Me."  He hums himself to sleep, one chubby arm flung over his dolly, Julie.  He is beloved by our whole soccer team, but none love him better than his Brothers.  He can't wait to be big, and gets super irritated when he is obviously treated like someone younger than the Biggies.  He sings the "Poo Poo on the Potty Song" all day long (with great dance moves!) but he does not like to actually poo poo on the potty.

My Baby is growing up far too fast, but oh how I love this age!  I wish I could freeze him like this forever.  I am thankful to God every single day for blessing our family with wonderful Jones.  He is such an indescribable gift.

No comments: