Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Many Hands Make Light Work"

 This is a quote from John Heywood that crops up quite often around our house.  (I admit, I used to think it was in the Bible, until I attempted to do a Bible lesson about it with the boys.  Although this principle is taught in the Bible, the proverb was coined by Mr. Heywood.) We have many hands around here, so the work should be light for all of us, leaving us much more time to play together.


Today, we could be found cleaning tile grout with toothbrushes.  What fun, right?  It actually was fun, singing songs and telling jokes.  That is until the boys started fighting over the stains.  That's right, folks!  They were actually fighting over who got to clean the stain.  Now that's a good problem to have!  

After we got all our work done, we had plenty of time to whip up some cupcakes for Connect Group.  And who got to lick the bowl?  All my handy helpers, of course!

1 comment:

happyhome said...

Cleaning grout - it's on my list! I realized recently that we are SUPPOSE to have light colored grout! Yikes! Trying to figure out how best to clean it...soap and water are not working.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the encouragement. Hope you have a fantastic week!