Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuull Up

Jonah.
Amazing, wonderful, joyful Jonah.
Jonah that is so laid back and content that he is developmentally lagging behind just a bit.

I am not at all worried. His muscle tone is great. He is fine neurologically. But the Boy is not motivated to advance to the next stage. He just started crawling at nearly 11 months. Maybe part of that is my fault. I do love to tote that darling baby around on my hip all day long. And maybe part of it is the Biggies fault. They dote on Jonah so much and bring him anything his heart desires. We are probably all to blame. Anyway, we have been working on pulling up lately. Owen, Noah and I will put tempting items in the middle of the table, trying to entice tiny Jones to go after them. The problem is, tiny Jones doesn't care. He'd rather play with a crumb on the floor or my shoe than work to reach the tempting toy.

But one glorious morning, Nosy put his Good Lizard and Owen's Orange Frog (we are all about creative pet names around here!) up on the coffee table. Jonah's interest was piqued. He had not been allowed near Good Lizard or Orange Frog for fear of drooling on them. He crawled right over to check it out.

Stretch, Jones!

Glory be! He pulled himself up!


He received abundant praise from two very proud big brothers and one happy Mama. However, I guess that incident was both the debut and the finale of this stunt. He has yet to perform the trick again. I know it will come all in good time. Honestly, I'd rather him take his time so I can baby him just a tiny bit longer.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Hehe! So great that you captured the moment. What a little punkin!

Deann Black said...

I am so proud of him:)