Friday, October 01, 2010

Old Pals

Just look at these tiny Guys! Owen and Turner were destined to be friends from before birth, especially since Ashley and I were due only a day apart! It has been so much fun raising boys together.

Now that we both have kindergartners (!), Ashley and I were trying to come up with some creative ideas for the boys to practice their dreaded handwriting skills. We came up with the idea of them becoming pen pals. Who doesn't love to get mail? And since the boys don't see each other as much as they used to, it's a great way for them to keep in touch. O and Turner were both very excited to get started.

Owie wrote the first letter. Since he was concentrating mainly on letter formation, I just let him spell everything phonetically. I think next time, we'll work on spelling too. We want to make sure Turner can read what O is trying to say! I think O's letter is so sweet, though.

"Dear Turner,
I like you. Do not forget about this letter. I made money in school. I liked it. Owen."
He included some of the money we made and a stick of fruit stripe gum.
He can not wait to get a letter back.
This is going to be great!

No comments: